[meteorite-list] Warning: ebay Moldavite faceting rough andassociated gems

From: Roman Jirasek <rom_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Nov 19 00:28:43 2005

Here Here!!!

Roman Jirasek
www.meteoritelabels.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Norm Lehrman" <nlehrman_at_nvbell.net>
To: <meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 11:09 PM
Subject: [meteorite-list] Warning: ebay Moldavite faceting rough
andassociated gems

List,

Sorry if I'm boring you, but this is driving me nuts!
The "moldavite faceting rough" that is constantly
listed on ebay, so gorgeously "apple green" but devoid
of normal moldavite skin character IS NOT REAL. I can
only presume that the faceted "gems" offered by the
same sellers are also man-made glass. Please don't
support these scam artists.

There are real faceted moldavites out there. I can
only suggest that you look for IMCA credentials.

If in doubt, I will always offer an opinion (for what
it's worth---)

Norm, C.G.S. (cumo gran salis)
http://tektitesource.com