[meteorite-list] AD - World Biggest Impact Melt slices

From: Marcin Cimala <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Nov 22 19:26:02 2005

Hello List
Im happy to announce new big meteorite:
NWA 4036 L6 Impact Melt , Weathering 1, Fa23.4, Fs20.3

    I want to say that there are not many Impacts right now. I looking a
little over net and only find some at Farmer, Fectay and somewhere only
single specimens of different localites. And yes, Capot Rey ofcourse. So
this type is more rare than I expected. Prices are beetween 10-30$/g.
But becouse I have mainly specimens over 100g I decided to sell it at very
reasonable price.

    This meteorite its just one big river of melt. It have alot of tiny
black fragments that swim in black matrix, but it is good visible under
light or on unpolished surface.
    Besided this, there are big light colored chondritic inclusions that
looks very strange. They are red, yelow, grey and also little green. They
looks like this propably becouse of high level of melt.

I invite You on my page
http://www.polandmet.com/_nwa4036.htm

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com