[meteorite-list] Re: Fukang

From: John Birdsell <johnbirdsell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Oct 30 22:19:54 2005

Mike Farmer Wrote:

Also there was a lot of
> the ?Fuking` Pallasite from China. It was being
> offered at less than 10Euros a gram in large chunks,
> I saw pieces from 100 grams to 2 kilos. Apparently
> the buyers have divided the massive pallasite up and
> are now going to flood the market. Looks like a good
> buying opportunity when the price collapses. It is
> beautiful stuff, but with over 900 kilos, coming on
> the market, we know where this goes.

Actually, there was probably at most 7.7 kilos of
Fukang end-pieces at the Munich show. There is another
~480 kilos at the University of Arizona which is, as
far as we know, not ever going to reach the market,
and there is another ~480 kg which is destined to be
sold as full slices to very wealthy members of the art
community at somewhere around $250,000.00 per slice.
If anyone thinks there is going to be a "flood" of
Fukang hitting the market, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Cheers

-John & Dawn
Arizona Skies Meteorites
http://www.arizonaskiesmeteorites.com