[meteorite-list] wire saw

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 23 16:47:01 2005

you cant use an edm machine as far as i know to cut an iron - at least not
one that big.. you would need to use a diamond wire saw i owuld thin - an
edm is an abaltive proces where a pulse of electricity from a sacrificial
wire literaly blasts away bits of material - while they can make fine
patterns in thin metal that cant cut through signifigant thicknesses