[meteorite-list] AD - Do you want a rareandimportantMetachondrite?

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 28 01:19:59 2005

i happen to think 30 to 50$ a gram is pretty fair for 'retail' on small
pieces of acapulcoite - just because you can find someone to pay 150$/g
doesnt mean thats thew real value of the stone. with regards to being a
'serious collector' i have about 6 kgs of acapulcoite in my own collection -
although 3 kgs of that is going to be reclassified as winonaite likely. I
dont know if that qualifies me as 'serious' or not - but it seems as though
there is some serious overhyping of this nwa 1058 here. I know it is frowned
upon to knock a dealer trying to pedel his wares but if mateeo can actually
explain why this is the greatest acapulcoite I'll humbly retract my previous
statements - there is a whole list of 'primitive' metachonderites with
relict or even intact chondrules... i just dont see what is so special about
this one..