[meteorite-list] I had a pretty large problem with an E-bay transaction.

From: Arizona Skies Meteorites <johnbirdsell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 30 14:15:38 2005

Hello Ivan and thanks for the information about
MoneyBookers. That sounds as though that may be
something worth looking into.

Cheers

-John & Dawn
Arizona Skies Meteorites
http://www.arizonaskiesmeteorites.com

--- ivanmete <ivanmete_at_cox.net> wrote:

---------------------------------

Hello Arizona, and List!

I use a new money transfer system, named moneybookers.

It is the same like PayPal, but has some difference.
(European online transfer money system, based on UK).

1. Sender pay fees, not receiver. Fees is not high, 1%
of amount but not more than

70 cents or 50 eurocents per transfer.

PayPal like 30 cents plus 2.9% from amount for
standard account.

2. Moneybookers has an escrow payment: (here is from
help topic)

What if the Seller does not ship the items? -

Funds will not be released to the Seller until the
buyer has received and approved the items he is

purchasing. This eliminates the concern for
non-shipment of goods.

How can an Escrow payment be cancelled? -

The seller may cancel the transaction at any time and
the payment and security

deposit would then be returned to the buyer. The buyer
may reject the transaction during the

inspection period after receiving the items, but the
buyer is still responsible for

shipping the merchandise back to the seller, and for
paying any fees.

For which purposes can I use Moneybookers Escrow for?
-

Our escrow service is ideal for auction payments,
domain name transfers

and any other type of national or international
trading.

PayPal :(also from help menu)

Are you an escrow service? -

No. We do not provide escrow-related services. We are
a person-to-person payment service that

enables instant and secure electronic payments.

If you have a new customer or do not trust somebody,
just use escrow.

It is cost something, but you are feeling better.

When I start use moneybookers, my oversee auctions
grown up.

You can add logo of moneybookers to your auctions the
same way as PayPal does.

If you are a seller you will get more bids from Europe
and other oversee, also from countries which PayPal
doesn't accept.

Did you know that now there are many Russians (I'm not
alone)

start collect meteorites, but have a difficulties use
PayPal or other money transfer?

Moneybookers works for Russia too.

Also safe on PayPal fees (and this is a lot!)

If you a buyer, pay maximum $.70 fee and your seller
would be happy, because there no fees for seller.

Learn more about Moneybookers here:

http://www.moneybookers.com/app/?rid=1308477

Friday, September 30, 2005, 3:45:26 AM, you wrote:

> Hi Mike and thanks for your post. This should be a

> warning to EVERYONE! We had the same thing happen on

> an expensive ebay purchase. The seller kept saying

> that our order would arrive "soon"...of course it

> never arrived. By the time we had decided to report

> the seller to ebay and paypal, it was too late.
Paypal

> likes to pretend that they are the "safest" way to
pay

> for items, but you are out of luck if the item never

> arrives or is not as described and you have waited

> longer than the very limited time they allow you to

> report a problem. This is why eveyone that uses
paypal

> should ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS choose their credit
card

> as a payment source. Paypal does not like it when
you

> do this and they try very hard to trick you into
using

> an e-check or a transfer from your bank account.
Don't

> fall for this. Always use your credit card as the

> funding source! That way you can file a chargeback

> dispute against the seller if you don't receive the

> merchandise as described. Paypal won't tell you that

> you can file a chargeback either as they don't want

> you to know about it. In fact paypal will sometimes

> actively try to dispute your chargeback as they
tried

> unsucessfully in our case.

> Another VERY IMPORTANT warning regarding paypal is

> that you should always remove ALL of your funds
from

> your account BEFORE you pay w/ a credit card.

> Otherwise, paypal will use all of the funds in your

> paypal account and only then after the funds are
used,

> charge the remaining balance due to your credit
card.

> This is what paypal does even when your specifically

> indicate that you want the purchase to be funded by

> your credit card. We feel that this is a very

> misleading practice on the part of paypal, however
if

> you read the fine print of your paypal contract very

> carefully, it states that they can do this.

> The final note on this...Fortuntately, on our
purchase

> we used our credit card and only lost a small amount

> of funds from our paypal account. We filed a dispute

> w/ our credit card company, paypal tried to claim
that

wrote:

>> Hello everyone I purchased a $1500 item on E-bay

>> it was an overseas

>> purchase and I waited too long to report it to

>> Pay-Pal or E-bay. I want to

>> let everyone know who the seller is and what

>> happened in case they ever want

>> to deal with this person or have a dispute they
need

>> resolved. Right now I

>> am wondering if it is ok to post the persons E-bay

>> name on the list?

>> Mike Miller // E-Bay flattoprocks

>> Website // www.meteoritefinder.com

>> Check out the web site it is up and running!

>> Mike Miller 230 Greenway Rd. Kingman AZ 86401

> Arizona Skies Meteorites

Did you know you could have saved up to 60% on this
and on all eBay auctions?

http://www.powersnipe.com/?af=kirgudu

Best regards,

finmet on ebay