[meteorite-list] I had a pretty large problem with an E-baytransaction.

From: Mike / flattoprocks <mikewm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 30 13:57:26 2005

 Thanks John these are some very good points that we need everyone to hear
about so they don't have to find out the hard way. So far everyone is saying
they want to know who it is and I have not had anyone say that I should not
reveal the details so I am going to do so.
 I had purchased a 5200 gram Muonionalusta from meteoritemarina on Aug 1st.
Item # 6548785278 I used Pay-Pal to pay for the item. They said it shipped
on Aug 5th. I was very patient because their feedback was very good. Today I
learned you must file a claim with E-bay within 60 days and with Pay-pal
within 45 days. This is something that I learned the hard way. I am bringing
this up here so maybe someone else will not have to learn the hard way. I
also feel that they avoided answering some of my questions until the 60 days
had passed. As an example I asked "what happens if I never get the
meteorite?" I never got an answer until now (after the 60 days has passed)
The answer is basically we sent the meteorite and you are out of luck.
 As a seller I have refunded peoples money when they said they did not
receive the package, it happens so rarely that I have only had to refund a
few packages. Only 1 time I did not refund the money and that was only
because every time I asked for some information I felt like I was getting
the run around. The first question I asked was where do you want me to send
the refund to? Then when I got the address I check it against the address I
had sent the meteorite to and they did not match. So from then on I was very
suspicious and ended up not sending the refund.
 I hope this helps someone else with filing their claim on time. Thanks
Mike Miller // E-Bay flattoprocks
Website // www.meteoritefinder.com
Check out the web site it is up and running!
Mike Miller 230 Greenway Rd. Kingman AZ 86401