[meteorite-list] ...advice please!

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 12 22:08:07 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:21:55 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time), you wrote:

>Awaiting your considered advice!!!

I say hold him to it, and complain to Ebay if he doesn't go through with it. He
doesn't have the right to back out of an auction just because he doesn't like
the ending price. Once, I was in a situation when I bought something like a
kilo of Sikhote Alin shrapnel for something like 1 cent because the seller
accidentally listed that as the buy-it-now price, but I let him out of it
without him asking because it was an obvious mistake on his part. But if that
is the real ending price of a real auction, then it is the seller's loss that it
didn't reach a price he wanted. If he had a rock-bottom (so to speak) price in
mind, he should have set a reserve. And who is to say that this isn't a pattern
with the seller, often backing out of sales that didn't go for a price he
wanted?

I'd say that this is a flaky seller, to be avoided.