[meteorite-list] ...advice please!

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Apr 12 14:24:58 2006

Hi,
I am in a moral dilemma here and I need a few opinions!

I have just won an item on eBay at a VERY low price - about a 10th of it's
value. The buyer has emailed me thus:
"hello there. im afraid there is no way i can let this item go at such a low
price!!! i bought it for nearly ?250 and i know its not in the spirit of
ebay but i only put it up for sale because i need the money. you can offer a
fair price or we can leave it here. cliff thanks for your interest"

Now, I have been in similar situations myself whereby I have sold stuff
(notably 1g of platinum for $11) and have completed the sale....and it hurt!

Now, karma wise I feel I should let him off the hook, on the other hand we
have entered into a contract and I feel he is obliged to complete the sale.

Should I insist that he sells it to me, or should I play the nice guy and
let him off!!!

Awaiting your considered advice!!!

Best!

dave
IMCA #0092

BTW - this is a terrestrial rock, not a meteorite!