[meteorite-list] Cometshop

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 21 11:53:32 2006

>From what I heard from two independent sources, we will not being seeing any
bulk Sikhotes Alins lots or material from Oman from the Russians at any more
shows. If true, which I have no reason to doubt, that means no more going
through kilos of Sikhotes in Denver, Tucson and other shows on the venue. It
was a lot of fun searching the SA lots even though less and less has been
coming out the last few years.

It seems that the confiscation of Chinese fossils and meteorites (Nantan) in
Australia started something. Then the problems with fossils in Tucson being
repatriated with their respective countries. Now pieces from Oman are being
returned. What next?

If anybody has a more detailed assessment of the situation, I would sure
like to hear it. I would like to have first-hand information before getting
into too many details.

Take Care,

Adam