[meteorite-list] Cosmic Dtust in Terrestrial Ice MORE

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Aug 6 17:19:55 2006

Hi Sterling, Larry, all -

Having just tried to establish the data on basic long
term climate trends in North America as part of "Man
and Impact in the Americas", I hope you'll allow me to

briefly opine on both the Earth-Sun system and impact.

The best explanation of our sun's variability that I
have seen is that of Timo Niroma, who ties it to the
influence of Jupiter's gravity on our sun's fusion
reaction.

The best explanation I have for the effects of that
variability on our climate is that these gravity
changes change the type of radiation thrown out from
our Sun, which changes the amount of ozone produced.
This ozone acts as a valve on solar flux to the Earth,
blocking UV and reflecting back infrared. Due to
Freon, we now have large holes in the ozone over both
poles.

As far as the end of the last Ice Age goes, the First
Peoples remember exactly what happened, and this is
demonstrable. When the Bering Straights were closed by
ice pack, warm water flowed off the west coast of
today's Canada. That warm water produced snow cover
in northern North America, which reflected sunlight
back into space. Thus the Earth's temperature was
lower. A comet impact, most likely a fragment of
Encke, opened the Bering Straights ice pack and
produced the Alaskan and Siberian Mucks. Colder water
meant less Canadian snow, meant less reflection, meant
a warmer Earth. The traditions and the data
supporting them are available in "Man and Impact in
the Americas", which can now be ordered through
booksellers dealing with amazon.com.

There have been horrifying climate collapses in North
America, and they will happen again, but sadly I have
no idea exactly when. For these, see "Man and Impact
in the Americas."

As some of you may be aware, since January 2004 Dr.
Peiser has generally focused the Cambridge Conference
on bad CO2 "science" instead of on impact.

The important part of this debate for me is that when
Pres. W. Bush vetoed Kyoto he promised more money for
climate research, money which has not come through.
We need to know the effects of CO2 on our climate, and
we need to know them now. (As far as NASA goes, this
data is way more important than contracts to Thiokol
for new launchers for manned Mars flight.) Peiser
figures the CO2 effects are about half as bad as the
climate doomsters, and I think he is probably right.
But half as bad is bad enough.

One thing for sure, and here Peiser is absolutely
correct, this problem will not be solved by shuffling
paper. In the US, we need to get off of oil, and we
should be going to biofuels (ethanol and bio-deisel)
right now. We also need to get off of coal and go to
new nuclear electric plants, but for some reason you
aren't hearing the climate doomsters talking about
this.

Given what's going on in Lebanon, I want to state
publicly here that I completely disagree with Peiser
in his opinion that the problems in the mideast are
being primarily driven by population pressures.

Well, that's it. Thanks for your patience here on all
of this.

I hope the copy of "Man and Impact in the Americas"
which I mailed to Piper Hollier has arrived. I want to
thank him once again for the Canyon Diablo, and I hope
to taking off the oxidation layer this week.

In closing, 64 fragments of comet SW3 and its dust
stream are headed back near the Earth in 2022, if not
in late 2011 or 2017.

good hunting,
Ed

--- "Sterling K. Webb" <sterling_k_webb_at_sbcglobal.net>

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/07/060725074044.htm