[meteorite-list] Inventory reference ideas.

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Aug 6 19:01:50 2006

In a message dated 8/6/2006 2:25:37 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
mdavidhardy_at_yahoo.com writes:

I've been working on my collection on Pele's online
"Encyclopedia-of-Meteorites" (incredible site if you have not been there). I've never set up
inventory reference #s for "My Collection" and am looking for ideas. Anyone out
there got a good system worked out and willing to share it?

David Hardy

Here is a suggestion, something similar to the system I use on my Catalog.

The seller represented by 2 letters, the year of purchase represented by 2
numbers, and a sequential number.
Example:
The 8th specimen you bought from Mike Farmer in 2005, would be referenced:
MF-05-008
The 25th specimen you bought from Greg Hupe in 2006, would be referenced:
GH-06-025
And the first specimen you buy from me this year will be: AB-06-001

Would that work for you?
Any other suggestion?

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com