AW: [meteorite-list] People Doing Stange Things to Meteorites

From: Ingo Herkstroeter <metopaster_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 10 14:53:50 2006

Hi Andy and List!

First of all: Yes, I?m still a collector (who deals a little bit, like
nearly all of us)!

You are absolutely right, if you say: ?Let them collect, what they like
to collect.?
BUT, I don?t have to like meteorite carvings (or spheres and so on) and
if someone in a public forum asks, what the strangest thing is, someone
has done to a meteorite, I have the right to say my opinion. I don?t
think that I have discriminated someone in this way, because I have not
used names or special situations in my statement (if I?m wrong in this
point, I?m sorry!). I?ve never claimed that my stuff is better than
other ones stuff, and I don?t think that way.

Andy, I think that you should know me and my opinions better than
someone else on this list (save as much material as possible by
generating nice specimens for collectors and SCIENCE) and you (like many
other dealers) know how hard this way really is. We can discuss that
point again by a beer or cola at the next fair, if you want.

Best Wishes!

Ingo

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----