[meteorite-list] Meteorite hunting in Moss

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Aug 15 13:04:58 2006

Hi All,

Enjoyed seeing Rob Elliott's pictures from the Moss strewnfield --
beautiful stone recovered from the roof (and humorous picture of
Bob Haag with the saw)! I noticed Rob Elliott's comments next to
his picture with Morten Bilet:

"Apart from the chance finds by local residents, only 2 meteorites
have been found by meteorite hunters to date. Both were Norwegian
hunters who were out there purposefully searching - Morten Bilet
and Mike Mazur. Great work guys!"

I guess this means that if there are any complaints by Norwegian
scientists or museum curators about lost national cultural
heritage, they should be directed at their own countrymen. ;-)
I echo Rob's congrats to Morten and Mike -- seems only fair that
Norway's latest meteorite should be found almost exclusively by
Norwegians... --Rob