[meteorite-list] Re:New Impact Crater

From: JKGwilliam <h3chondrite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 17 18:20:06 2006

Thanks for the link Chuck. I took some time and looked through the data
base and found no mention of a "Tonko Astrobleme." This seems odd to me
since the finder of the supposed comet crater , Johnny Tonko, made the
following statement on a gold prospector and meteorite forum
(NuggentShooter Forum):

"There is no separate write up on the crater other than the documentaion
naming it Tonko Astrobleme to honor me as the discoverer."

It seems to me that if the crater mentioned here was named to honor Johnny
Tonko, there should be some documentation available on the internet. After
all, if the USGS or some other governmental agency didn't name the crater,
who did?

Best,
JKG