[meteorite-list] Re:New Impact Crater

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 17 18:52:46 2006

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:19:54 -0700, you wrote:

>"There is no separate write up on the crater other than the documentaion
>naming it Tonko Astrobleme to honor me as the discoverer."

Digging through Google for mentions of the "Tonko Astrobleme" answers the
question posed earlier as to wherther or not Tonko had heard of shatter cones
(or at least "tektie shatter cones"). From a googlecache entry from your former
forum:

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:0elXYxFNLR4J:www.meteoriteimpact.invisionzone.com/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D334%26view%3Dgetlastpost+tonko+astrobleme&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4

John:

The Tonko Astrobleme is located in the western US. The exact coordinates are
currently being witheld from public disclosure until my ongoing research is
completed. This is due to the high potential for illegal and unauthorized
collecting of the high value specimens of impactite, tektie shatter cones
shocked quartz and comet fragments that are scattered around the crater. The
size rivals the Barringer structure and age is 2025 (+/- 25) years.

Sincerely,

Johnny Tonko