[meteorite-list] Moss Meteorite From A Comet?

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Aug 21 06:13:21 2006

Hi,

Well one thing is certain, the definition of what a comet actually is,
is changing very quickly, what used to be considered 'a dirty snowball'
is now looking more like a snowy dirtball, (with hard bits and soft
bits). 'Comets' seem to have a range of densities and types, so how
would we really know if we had a piece of 'comet' in our
collections?.... besides it being 'primitive material' due to it origin
(CI etc) we would need to have known multiple samples of multiple comets
before we could say for sure. I find it hard to believe that some
fragments of cometry origin don't exist in our collections however.

Best,
Mark Ford