Re-2: [meteorite-list] Moss Meteorite From A Comet?

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Aug 21 08:09:14 2006

"Comets ... being 'primitive material' ... we would need
 to have known multiple samples of multiple comets before
 we could say for sure."

Hi Mark and List,

I couldn't agree more and that's why I felt a bit uneasy when I read
Campins' and Swindle's article in this issue of our METEORITE magazine:

CAMPINS H. and SWINDLE T.D.(2006) Where are the cometary
meteorites? (Meteorite, May 2006, Vol. 12, No.2, pp. 17-19).

They solely refer repeatedly to Comet Halley and to Halley dust (plus to
cometary IDPs). Many more comets need to be sampled before we can draw
definite conclusions!

Best,

Bernd