[meteorite-list] Re: Entry Burn [was Lunar Burn]

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Aug 23 01:33:23 2006

There are only a limited number of meteor spectra, so the colors aren't
real well understood, but I'd be surprised if you saw the nickel
emission over the atmospheric oxygen. The majority of slow, bright
meteors are reported as green by many witnesses, but only a small
fraction of those contain significant nickel.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com