[meteorite-list] RE: SWAN comet

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Aug 31 00:14:42 2006

Hi Doug,

I see you've been surfing around on the SOHO website! A pity
that C/2006 M4 happened to have such poor timing as far as its
perihelion passage. I was looking forward to seeing it brighten
as it traversed SOHO's LASCO C3 and C2 fields of view, but alas
it was very dim when it entered C3, and the egress was blocked
by the arm that holds the solar occulting disk. (Images have
also been infrequent for the last week due to the seasonal
"keyhole"). Hopefully it will be bright enough to pick up
in binocs later in September.

Best,
Rob