[meteorite-list] Stan's NWA 2965 EL6/7 (or Aubrite) Meteorite

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2004_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 16:23:02 +0100 (CET)

I doubt many this material is a aubrite seen I have
the same material in analysis and for the moment any
classification of Aubrite...a first piece I have buy
years ago and the analysis have confirm a EL6
enstatite

Matteo

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2005/pdf/1913.pdf
> The referenced article from the University of
> Arizona Laboratory (on
> potentially paired NWA 2736) calls them "oval
> inclusions", allowing the
> possibly they could be "relict chondrules" in a
> "metamorphosed chondrite".
> Thus, it sounds to me like some scientists don't
> feel the classification is
> cast in stone any more than the ghosts. So that
> would leave it to personal
> preference since the term you choose can reflect
> competing hypotheses of
> formation for the weathered meteorite.
>
> If the thrust of your email is to reduce it to a one
> word label we can all
> agree upon and won't be too nerdish, and/or don't
> want to call them any kind
> of chondrule because it doesn't fit neatly, I would
> think in casual
> conversation we could just call them "ovals"as an
> obvious abbreviation for
> "oval inclusion".
>
> I think one of David's terms, "ghost chondrules"
> works best for me since
> some people believe in ghosts and others think they
> are bogus. Another
> option for those with a sense of humor could be
> "DROIDS" = distinct
> recrystallized oval inclusion dohickies":-)
>
> Best wishes, Doug

M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2004 at yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.it