[meteorite-list] Crust on old meteorites - Campo, Nantan, Morasko type

From: ¤¤PolandMET¤¤ <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:45:35 +0100

Marcininho,

no offence, but I really doubt,
that a 5000 year old or even older, maybe glacially iron meteorite, resting
in such a wet environment can have any fusion crust left.

====
Dear Buckleboo
Yes its strange but I have here crust. And it is not only on this one 282g
endpiece. Go and look into my 5kg endpiece in my shop. There are still flow
lines on crust. And noone prove when Morasko fall. Maybe 5000 maybe 2000 y
ago.

Wow Marcin, you're courageous: " It will not rust." - does that mean, the
buyer will be allowed to return it after 2 or 5 years, for the case it will
have rusted?

====
If spacimen stay in my room for year and its stable, then Im sure its stable
enough to stay stable for years. Ofcourse there could be alvays someone who
have skills to make rusty not only my morasko, but also Taza or Chinga :)

I wanted to say that "It will not rust" if You, dear buyer, keep it in dry
place and do a minimum care of this specimen, use Balistol, not close in
plastik bag or do other "stupig" things. If person will take care of
specimen then it will not rust. Thats simple.

But this is only true for specimens that was not recovered from wet fields
one or two months ago, cut, etched and sell fast before specimen explode :)
I not use strategy of "sell and run".

What about Dronino from me ? How many slices are in possesion of list
members and how many slices of this terrible ruster rust ?

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin at meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin at polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195