[meteorite-list] AD- Coins, Space Envelope and Stable Morasko !

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:08:02 +0100

Marcininho,

no offence, but I really doubt,
that a 5000 year old or even older, maybe glacially iron meteorite, resting
in such a wet environment can have any fusion crust left.

I think a new thread about fusion crust and oxidation layers on iron
meteorites would be fine here (eek but I will be out of town), because I see
more and more Gibeons, Canyon Diablos, Campos, Seymchans and so on with
"fusion crust" offered in the ebays.

Wow Marcin, you're courageous: " It will not rust." - does that mean, the
buyer will be allowed to return it after 2 or 5 years, for the case it will
have rusted?

Martininho

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----