[meteorite-list] FW: Re: possible leonid meteorite

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 13:06:04 -0600

Forwarding Steve's e-mail as it is apparent he hit reply, and meant to hit

Mark

From: Steve Dunklee <sdunklee72520 at yahoo.com>
To: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector at msn.com>
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] possible leonid meteorite
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 07:59:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi again:
   I made some errors here I was tired after working all night. First I
meant a 2000 feet on a side area actually 2000 feet north south and 300 feet
east west diamond. and Gary was southwest of Rebecca and rebecca observed
the bolide just above tree tops with a mountain behind it. we have had 4
inches of rain here and some freezing weather and not all fusion crust is
black. if you brush the rust off it is a shiny reddish silver color. but I
wanted to leave it mostly as found. and I said possible because I am not yet
convinced it is from the observed fall but who has seen any cometary
material before anyway so who can say what it is going to look like? Might
be why nobody has found one before? looking for a black shiny rock when it
is really red? also it was found on top of a 6 inch deep layer of wet pine
needles so I doubt it could have been there very long. in addition the
intersection between observers made a 32 degree angle.so it would be
impossible for it to be hundreds of miles away. and lastly I used the word
possible because it could be a fall from another time I just found by
chance in the same area. only testing will be able to determine what it is.
it also looks to have the dreaded Laurencite disease. that and a lot of rain
and goodbye crust. thankyou everyone
   Best regards
   Steve