[meteorite-list] Fusion Crust on Irons

From: JKGwilliam <h3chondrite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:18:37 -0700

Does anyone besides me believe that many of the Sikhote-Alin irons have
been "doctored" to look better than they really are? Over the past several
years I've heard several stories (rumors) that a lot of creative work has
been used to make some of the SAs look as good as they do. One of the
stories actually involved the application of liquid gun blueing. I've seen
pictures of some of these beautiful specimens right out of the ground and
they are pretty rusty.

Best,
John