[meteorite-list] Effects of travel through space on comets?

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 06:44:00 -0800

Ed,
        Your comment about that diving from elevated heights "the water
becomes awful hard" stirred a question in me that has been nagging me
for some time.
        I have heard jumping into water at 100 feet can result in breaking
your ankles and that at 300 feet the human body reacts to water the
same way it would to concrete.
        However, how high are those Mexican Divers? - the ones that dive
off the high cliffs and when they hosted the Olympics they made it an
official Olympic event? It over 100 feet, why aren't they breaking their
wrists and neck?
        Anyone know?
        Michael

--
It is difficult to get a man to understand something if his
salary depends on him not understanding it.