[meteorite-list] good faith trade

From: Tomasz Jakubowski <illaenus_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 16:27:28 +0100

Hi there,
My name is Tomasz Jakubowski, I am a geologist and an IMCA member #2321. About 2 weeks ago I swapped my Sikhote Alin specimen for Steve's howardite. Yesterday Steve asked me whether it was a real Sikhote Alin or Campo del Cielo. I believe the answer is obvious, especially when you see the specimen in person. Not only is it covered with remnants of fusion crust (which is unheard of as far as Campos are concerned), it has visible kamacite crystals (an evident proof that it is actually a coarsest
octahedrite), and contains schreibersite (typical for Sikhote Alins, often visible on the surface of a specimen). It is beyond doubt that the mentioned specimen is nothing but a new find of the well-known Sikhote Alin meteorite which has been cleaned (the rust has been removed). Should you have any questions regarding its authenticity, please refer to Sergey Affanasiev, who is the one I bought this specimen from. Here is a link to other Cometshop's auction, it is a Sikhote Alin specimen in a
very similar condition to that of Steve's:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130033060766

Kind regards,
Tomasz Jakubowski

Dnia 17-12-2006 o godz. 15:52 Dave Carothers napisa?(a):