[meteorite-list] Free Meteorite Dealer Listings since 1996

From: Paul Harris <paul_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 21:06:19 -0800

Dear Gary,

First, I think your presentation to the school and some of your posts to
the list have been excellent. But you are the one who
shot across our bow first as your email to the list on Dec 22, 2005 will
show.

 From the list archives.
http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2005-December/018771.html

1. When a list member informed you that we already provide a free list
to everyone your response was - "Yes, but you have to know what you want."
I took that as a negative view of the service we have been providing
since 1996.

2. Your statement, "If you want to be listed in what will quickly become
the premier meteorite dealer's listing website..."
We've been the premier Meteorite Dealer listing website since 1996 and
you have publicly stated your intent to change that.

3. Your statement, "And I bet I can take top position in the major
search engines too. I've been at this for 13 years now." This
further proves you are trying to knock us out of our #1 spot and implies
that I lack the seo skills necessary to remain #1.

I do disagree with some of your business tactics though. Pumping up
your posts in November and December to have people
look at your website and drive up your stats and then make a statement
(which is accurate for December) that you have x amount
of unique visitors is quite misleading. Everyone should look at the
months before November and December to see the real stats.
http://gaccin.pair.com/wx/webalizer/meteorite-dealers.com/
This is the reason I made my post the way that I did. I also calculated
that you would not be able to remain silent. If you had remained
silent I would not be making this post.

Competition is great for everyone. It has kept us on our toes and our
sites and services are better today because of you.

Thank you for making us better.

Paul Harris

 From Dec 22, 2005
Yes, but you have to know what you want. This will be listings of all
dealers who want to participate by location. And I bet I can take top
position in the major search engines too. I've been at this for 13
years now.
Gary

Gary