[meteorite-list] Colorado Weather

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 01:27:30 EST

In a message dated 12/20/2006 9:41:39 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
deanbessey at yahoo.com writes:
Isnt Denver 70 miles from South Park? I thought it
snowed there every day of the year - even in august.
Unfortunately here it is over 20 degrees every day and
a green christmas for sure for me.
See my christmas tree before I had it cut here:
http://www.cebuprincess.com/samantha/baby89.jpg
Not sure how Santa's raindeer can travel here down
under without show. Somehow it it just dont seem like
christmas without snow (Or chopping down a tree
without having to put on three layers of clothes and
still being cold).
Still, if I can get my new (Well, not quite new) yacht
that I bought myself for christmas ready for a
christmas day fishing trip I figure that I will get
over the lack of snow and the 25 degree temperature.
Cheers
DEAN

South Park is actually a large, somewhat flat basin, south-west of Denver,
beyond the first range. Only 200 years ago it was a large swamp, it might have
been a lake in more ancient times.
But it is not a town, and no it does not snow there much more than in Denver.
(I have heard of the cartoon, but I have never watched it, sorry)

Enjoy your nice warm Christmas, and your new yacht. Does it have a name?

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
President, I.M.C.A. Inc.