[meteorite-list] meteorite-dealers.com DeRusse and company

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:32:49 -0800 (PST)

I think what happened is that Gary found an open
domain and registered it. DeRusse may have owned it in
the past but it expired (Which happens if you dont pay
for it after a year). So Dirk asked Gary a valid
question of course and it looks like we all got an
acceptable answer.
On another note since its free you should probably
join up just as it affects google rankings. I have
been playing around a lot with google search recently
and am learning what gets higher rankings on google
(Part of my pitifully dismal effort to start an
advertising business using google ads which anybody
who went to my website for my sale yesterday have
already seen).
A really big thing that affects your google ranking is
the number of unique sites that link to you. Google
gives users what they (Or their spider) thinks is the
most relivant search results to your query and their
reasoning is that if lots of sites link to you you
probably have an interesting website that people would
want to see. So this means that Basically if all
meteorite dealers got together and created a link to
each other it would help everybodys google rankings
(Even if there was no link from your main website that
you show people - googles spider pikes up the links
even if they are on your 187th page on your site). If
enough people are interested in doing a links page
send me an email and I will set up some html).
Google keeps their exact spidering formula secret and
is ever changing anyway (Lots of companies spend a lot
of money trying to figure out the google logorithm).
Google even keeps track of how long you stay on a
webpage and how many links on the page that you
browse. Staying longer and clicking more links means a
more interesting website (In theory anyway) and might
help rankings. Google claims that buying google ads
wont affect your ranking either good or bad but this
is not true as by buying ads other websites has links
to you (wither they want to or not) so it gets
affected in a roundabout way anyway as more sites are
linking to you.
As I said above, if enough dealers want to create a
links page so that googles spider will find lots of
sites linking to you send me an email and I will
create some html links by putting them all together
and everybody can put it on their website. I have no
plans to do this as a business (The business seems
pretty crowded already anyway it seems) and it wont be
updated after the innitial effort because it it got
updated one new entry would mean everybody would have
to continually update their website which is to much
effort.
Cheers
DEAN
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/index.html