[meteorite-list] Possible Meteorite Fall - Allyn, Washington

From: Mike Bandli <fuzzfoot_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 19:33:00 -0800

I had an interesting conversation with my in-laws today who live in
Grapeview, Washington. They are aware that I collect meteorites and asked if
I had investigated the ?meteor? that landed in Allyn (about 5 miles out of
Grapeview). Apparently, two people witnessed a fireball and ?meteor? splash
in to the water several months ago. It was published in a (very) small
community newspaper (which I am trying to track down). Details are very
sketchy as I am relying on my father-in-law?s memory from months ago. Allyn
and Grapeview are about as small communities as you can get here in WA.

This is a long-shot have any other info? I feel like it is at least worth
looking into. Absolutely no Google info. I doubt this news even left the
town.

Kind regards,
?
Mike Bandli