[meteorite-list] Steve Arnold "Wired" Magazine + "Cash" Rerun

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 14:10:41 -0700

Dear Listees:

December greetings from Tucson. A lovely sunny day here today.

I'd like to draw your attention to the January, 2007 issue of "Wired"
magazine, which has just hit the stands. It includes a large and rather
spectacular feature article on Steve Arnold #1 and his Brenham
meteorite project. Also mentioned and/or quoted are your friends and
mine: Dr. Art Ehlmann, Bob Haag, Marvin Kilgore, Phil Mani, and Darryl
Pitt. Along with noted scientist Dr. Harry McSween. The photography by
Brent Humphreys is fantastic.

In a humorous, coincidental twist, the feature is named "Meteor
Farmer." Mike Farmer was also, very recently, the subject of an
excellent color feature article in the Southwest Airlines magazine.
Both issues will be of interest to collectors.

Steve has an intriguing auction up on eBay at the moment: A signed copy
of the magazine, one of his Brenham macromounts, a postcard, and a
ticket to the '07 Birthday Bash. Jeez, the ticket alone is worth fifty
bucks : )

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320064849656

In other news, I want to thank everyone who wrote to us about the "Cash
& Treasures" show. I'm pleased so many of you watched it and enjoyed
it. My only disappointment was that we didn't see more of Ruben and
Sonny, both of whom dressed up special and had some good quotes. We'll
have to ask them to put in some of that footage for the Director's Cut
: )

The meteorite hunters episode will air again on Tuesday, Dec. 26 at 4
pm eastern, on the Travel Channel.

For those who are interested, here is my "Making-Of" piece about the
show:

http://www.aerolite.org/cash-and-treasures.htm

Regards to all,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org

Official supplier of Steve Arnold Brenham meteorites
http://www.aerolite.org/brenham-irons.htm