[meteorite-list] Nigerian Scams hitting Classifieds using _at_yahoo email account

From: Paul Harris <paul_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 08:22:49 -0800

Hello Everyone!

Business must be slow for the Nigerian Scam artists this holiday weekend so they are going through our meteorite classifieds. They are getting a little better in their initial contact but are easily seen in the second contact. I filter out all the junk people try to put into the classifieds before you see it but I really don't want to filter out _at_yahoo.com and have any of you miss sales. If it continues to be a problem for anyone please let me know.

It is quite humorous to watch Zagami being turned into a bike though. :-)

Please delete all emails from --> gldebr at yahoo.com

Thank you, Paul

EMAIL TRANSACTIONS BELOW

FIRST CONTACT:
A visitor has a question about an ad you placed at Meteorites for Sale - Meteorite Classifieds, http://www.meteorite-times.com/classifieds/ . The ad in question is titled Zagami, Nigeria (Martian Shergottite). You may reply back directly to this email to contact the viewer. The question was: I am interested in purchasing from you the above named items listed, which i got to know about from an extensive search on the web page. would like to know if ad is still valid, the present condition of the product and your least offering price.i would be glad to hear from you positively. Regards, debra.

SECOND CONTACT:

Thanks for your mail, Since the cost of your meteorite is $750 I just
contacted my client about the cost of your Meteorite and it present
condition and he said there is no problem about that. So my client said
he will be issuing you a Certified Check of $3000 while you wire $2050
to me through Western Union Money Trasfer and you deduct the cost of
your bike $750 and keep the remaining $200 which my client said you
should take for the terms of Transaction and Agreement between you and
my client. So i will like you to send me your full contact information.
I will look forward to the requested information as soon as possible so
that the check can be sent out to you immediately

debra.