[meteorite-list] Elementary school presentation tips?

From: Dave Freeman mjwy/fossilalgae.com <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Feb 14 11:01:26 2006

Dear Gary, Anita, List;
As a veteran of a dozen or more meteorite show and tell lectures, some
with powerpoint (some with over a hundred people)....I see a little
twist that distresses me somewhat.....
Gettting directions, or ideas is a grand thing but...you will come
across much more genuinely authentic, and with
your own brand of enthuiasm if you use your own imagination to do a
presentation....
"Tell me how to do a meteorite show"........... huh? How about wit,
humor, enthuiasm, and some specimens..maybe
add a little strewnfield and flight pattern information....pass around
meteorites and meteorwrongs.
Maybe one of the list members could invent a 30 minute video of
professional quality and sell it to those that need presentation
help. Take a class in public speaking then take up meteorite lecturing.
Here's a meteorite, buy Rocks From Space...short and concise lecture
that took 8 seconds... I think I see an ebay add coming soon: How to
conduct a meteorite education lecture....10 hot tips!
Dave Freeman