[meteorite-list] I am conducting an experiment...

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 20 19:35:27 2006

Hi, Tracy,

    After a few minutes digging around under
my kitchen sink and dragging out decades worth
of drain cleaners, I find that plain old "Liquid Draino"
contains Sodium HypoCHLORite," which means
that Chlorine atoms are also present in your solution.
    I must admit to being puzzled as to why you have
no access to "Lewis Red Devil Lye Drain Opener,"
which I buy off the supermarket shelf, down one or
two shelves from the Draino and other more user-
friendly products.
    Of course, I live in a backward part of the country
where, one shelf down from the Red Devil Lye, I can
buy "Liquid Fire," which is Hydrochloric Acid. I used
it in a very stubborn drain once and it really solved
the problem... No more drain! Liquid Fire ate it away
completely, steel pipes and all!

Sterling K. Webb