[meteorite-list] Prospectors, Scientists Vie for Rocks More Precious Than Gold (Meteorites)

From: R. N. Hartman <rhartman04_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 27 17:26:13 2006

<<They wonder how many new finds they'll get access to before the space
rocks
> are sliced into collectible fragments and disappear into private
> collectionsThis is something that has always bothered me.>>

That goes for any rare meteorite, or even a nice common one. But if the
museums and researchers can't come up with money to buy them from
collectors, and researchers won't go out and find them themselves (or
finance hunting groups), I don't know whether there is a solution. Maybe
Canada does have the answer!

Ron