[meteorite-list] old woman meteorite

From: Jeff Kuyken <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 4 03:57:11 2006

That's right. Think of the irons found in the dry Aussie deserts. We are all
familiar with the nice Mundrabilla, Boxhole and Henbury indivuals but they
are all found as shale too. You just rarely ever see it for sale. Any of
these specimens sitting in one spot can weather very differnetly from
another relatively close by. It just depends on the specimens exact
location. Here's an example of Boxhole shale:

http://www.meteorites.com.au/sale/Boxhole221.2g.jpg

Cheers,

Jeff