[meteorite-list] Lectures in Tucson

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jan 20 09:57:01 2006

Why not?

That's a pretty wise decision in my eyes!

Supposedly in a meteorite dealer many abilities meet better than in any
person from the academical branch.

A meteorite dealer:

- overpeers the meteorite valley
- knows where to get from interesting material
- knows where to hunt and with which equipment
- knows to reckognize uncut candidates for exotic classes
- knows to get them under price
- knows the importance of historical aspects of a meteorite
- knows to swap them at a right trade ratio and from whom
- knows to valuate meteorites
- knows how to prepare specimens
- knows the tricks of dealers and unserios persons in the scene
- knows to save oriented meteorites from being destroyed by cutting
- knows how to preserve meteorites
- knows to built up a website
- knows how to arrange a public exhibition
- knows to starve
- knows to make good pictures of meteorites
- knows to awake fascination for meteorites in laymen
- knows to make wind and publicity for meteorites (important for an
institution to get funds)

Doesn't a dealer, Mike?
Buckleboo?
Martin