[meteorite-list] Lectures in Tucson

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jan 20 10:02:58 2006

A dealer also knows how to milk a collection dry, sell off the good things,
fill it with junk, has $$$ as a driving force, whereas the Academics have
the collection preservation as their driving force. I am not saying that all
academics are good for curators, but a dealer is driven by money, and this
is not good.
I will never donate another gram to the UofA, again, I don't want my
meteorites in control of a rival meteorite dealer.
Mike Farmer

It is also interesting that Marvin is going to do a talk at Michael Blood's
auction, for all the years that it has gone on, Marvin has done nothing but
whine and complain how the auction has damaged his sales and he has
boycotted it, now he is doing a talk at it?
Hypocritical in my opinion.