[meteorite-list] New Stardust Images

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jan 24 13:13:45 2006

> I like this picture here:
>
> http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/141248main_jsc2006e01014_high.jpg
>
> The guy holding the aereogel has this "Oh God oh God please don't let me drop it" look on his face.
> And the guy behind the window has his hands clasped together like he's praying the same thing.

The guy that look's like he is praying is actually filming. He's holding up a stick,
and on the end of the stick is a video camera. I guess they filmed it
that way to get a better view. The scientists were taking turns holding up that stick
that night.

Also, I had misidentifed the person in the glasses. That is not Brownlee - he's
not that short. The guy with the glasses is Fred Horz.

Also, here's a photo I took last November in the same cleanroom of Fred Horz (left) and
Tom See (right) practicing the aerogel grid separation:

http://stardust.jpl.nasa.gov/photo/jsc095.jpg

I assisted them with the procedure back then, and was there to see the grid separation with the
real thing last week.

Ron Baalke