[meteorite-list] Ad - LUNAR BONANZA - List Member Specials

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jul 5 14:14:21 2006

Dear List Members,

We would like to take this opportunity to announce the availability of
several different lunar meteorite specimens from Oman. This is a great
chance to pick up a legally exported meteorite specimen from this local. You
will find several world-class specimens including a nice Main Mass, a very
low TKW offering and many others. There are some great examples represented
by the links below so please be sure to check them out. We are offering List
Members a 20% discount for one week starting today (Wednesday July 5th) and
any specimens not sold after this time will be offered on eBay at full price
plus shipping and/or insurance. If you are interested in any of these, email
me at gmhupe_at_tampabay.rr.com

Links to descriptions to the five different Dhofar lunar meteorites for
offer:

Dhofar 908

http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dhofar908.pdf

Dhofar 910

http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dhofar910.pdf

Dhofar 911

http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dhofar911.pdf

Dhofar 1084

http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dhofar1084.pdf

Dhofar 1085

http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dhofar1085.pdf

List of individual specimens for offer:

Dhofar 908 (Special List Price $800.00 per gram):
12.2g complete stone
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00002.jpg
8.152g end cut
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00003.jpg

Dhofar 910 (Special List Price $1,200.00 per gram):
45.5g end cut Main Mass
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00004.jpg
7.454g end cut
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00005.jpg
3.442g complete slice
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00006.jpg
3.368g complete slice (SOLD)
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00007.jpg
2.934g part slice
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00008.jpg
2.074g complete slice
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00009.jpg

Dhofar 911 (Special List Price $800.00 per gram):
25.6g complete stone
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dhofar911mm.jpg
16.4g complete stone
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00011.jpg
4.626g end cut
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00012.jpg
2.1g complete slice
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00013.jpg
2.066g complete slice
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00014.jpg
1.282g end cut
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00015.jpg
378mg complete slice
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00016.jpg
338mg part slice
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00017.jpg
326mg part slice
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00018.jpg
306mg part slice
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00019.jpg
248mg complete slice
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00020.jpg

Dhofar 1084 (Special List Price $1,600.00 per gram):
3.172g end cut (only one we have)
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00021.jpg

Dhofar 1085 (Special List Price $800.00 per gram):
28.5g end cut
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00022.jpg
6.272g end cut
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00023.jpg
5.578g end cut
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00024.jpg
2.028g end cut
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00025.jpg
1.176g part slice
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00026.jpg
1.120g part slice
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00027.jpg
766mg end cut
http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/dsc00028.jpg

We think you will find the asking prices very reasonable considering these
were all legally exported with supporting documentation. Many are priced
below their counterparts with no paperwork whatsoever. For your
consideration, below is a link showing the simple permit allowing for the
removal of 150-kilograms of material from the Sultanate of Oman under which
these specimens are covered. With the exception of Swiss scientists, only
three of these permits were ever issued to one group of expert German
hunters who took the time to obtain them. It is doubtful that any more of
these permits will ever be issued again for non-scientific purposes. We
will include a copy of this paperwork with each purchase so collectors can
be assured of the legal status and provenance of these specimens.

Link to export document:

http://www.lunarrock.com/dhofarlunars/omanpermit1.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Kindest Regards,

Greg and Adam Hupe

The Hupe Collection

NaturesVault (eBay) (Be sure to check out my auctions ending in a couple
hours)

gmhupe_at_tampabay.rr.com

IMCA 2185 (Adam)

IMCA 3163 (Greg)