[meteorite-list] Ad - LUNAR BONANZA - List Member Specials

From: Ali Faraj AlKathiri <alikathiri34_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jul 9 06:06:04 2006

Dear List Members

Referring to the claim by Mr. Greg Huge being permitted to export 150 kg of
meteorites from Oman, I would like to state the following.

1- The permission is written in Arabic, So how can the list members read it.
2- Why the name of the permitted person is written by hand (this is not the
usual way for granting such permits).
In fact the information given by Greg Huge about the permission is
misleading (see the translation bellow):
To it may concern
Please allow Mr. Herztr (Name is not clear to me) to export 150 kg of rocks
samples we certify that this rocks have no commercial value.

So there is no indication for a permission to export meteorites. We know
that some people come to the ministry and give misleading information to the
officials.

When dealing with rocks having commercial value it is not enough to give
such a paper, there is always an agreement like that with Swiss scientists.
I am asking Mr. Greg Huge if he has any kind of agreement with the Ministry
of Commerce and Industry.
Notice: Official permission to work on Oman meteorites is so far only given
to the Swiss Scientists, no other groups

Ali