[meteorite-list] Antarctic comet dust "perhaps" in better conditionthan Stardust

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jul 13 13:13:54 2006

Hi Larry,

Thank you for the response. What you say makes sense but the way it was
presented in the article was not clear to me. They use the term comet dust
when maybe they should have said a mixture of Interplanetary Dust Particles
among other things. They also use the term pristine when maybe less damaged
would describe them more accurately. I was very fortunate to be given the
opportunity to see the after affect on comet particles being decelerated in
a centimeter or two of Aerogel under a microscope. They sometimes split at
the mineral boundaries and took separate paths in the Aerogel traps while
others were converted to glass. By the way, the article looks different
than it did yesterday after checking it again.

Kind Regards,

Adam