[meteorite-list] Norwegian meteorite classificationguessinggame

From: Martin Horejsi <accretiondesk_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jul 18 15:30:15 2006

OK Adam, I'll see your supersized margarita at the Birthday Bash, and
raise you a beer at Blood's auction.

Since you think it is an H4, S1-2, W0, and I think it is a CO3.2 S0,
W0, we only agree on one obvious element in our classification
S.W.A.G. However I suggest that there be a winner (between you and me)
based upon whomever is least wrong.

Given that certain chondrites are predisposed(?) to contraction cracks
(Holbrook and Nuevo Mercuiro come to mind), while others of these two
extremely common classes (L6 and H5) often have no visible cracks, I
have trouble using this observation as much of an indicator even in
our already primitive classification method.

Cheers,

Martin