[meteorite-list] Thin section meteorites on ebay

From: Walter L. Newton <newtonw2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 21 03:25:34 2006

Hi

I found these slides listed under "scientific collectibles" on Ebay. They
are not listed under meteorites. So I suspect many meteorite collectors
would never find these.

He has 6 sets of 12 for sale, at 240.00 "buy it now" only.

The description is...

Description - Collection of 12 - 1"x2" meteorite thin section petrographic
microscope slides made in the All-Russian Geological Institute (VSEGI) thin
section workshop:

1) NWA 2140 - CV3, North West Africa
2) Bjurbole - L/LL4, Uusimaa, Finland
3) Seymchan - Iron-ung, Magadanskaya oblast, Russia
4) Gold Basin - L4, Mojave Co., AZ
5) Hualapai Wash, L6, Mojave Co., AZ
6) Wellman (a) - H5, Terry Co., TX
7) Franconia - H5, Mojave Co., AZ
8) JAH 055 - L4-5, Al Wusta, Oman
9) NWA 869 - L4-6, North West Africa
10) SAU 001 - L5, Al Wusta, Oman
11) DHO 020 - H4/5, Zufar, Oman
12) Popigai - Impactite, Taymyrskiy, Russia

I don't know this guy. I'm not shilling for him. I don't know if this is a
good price or not. I just thought the list would like to see them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Meteorite-Thin-Section-Petrographic-Microscope-Slides_W0
QQitemZ110011784033QQihZ001QQcategoryZ361QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Walter L. Newton
Golden, Co