[meteorite-list] Comet hit Britain in mid sixth century AD?

From: Paul Barford <pbarford_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 21 04:32:56 2006

A new theory suggests a comet impacting Britain in the mid sixth century AD
was responsible for the ascendency of the English.... Comments anyone? Has
anyone read anything by the cited astronomers/astrophysicists on the topic
or is this a case of "when I suggested a comet to them the other day, they
did not say I was definitely wrong"?

What sort of effects would we be talking about here?

Paul Barford

(BTW the genetic study he criticises is flawed, but for a different reason)