[meteorite-list] Park Forest Fireball Question

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Mar 8 14:28:15 2006

Greetings All:

Anyone know if a study has been made regarding velocity of the Park
Forest fireball? I read/heard somewhere that the PF fireball was
thought to be traveling at a "higher than normal velocity." Any more
info on that, or any links to a published work regarding its entry
velocity? This is research for something I'm writing.

Any info much appreciated, even theories or speculation.

I also heard the sonic boom here in Tucson last night, which Mike
Farmer reported. Didn't see anything in the papers this morning,
though.

Regards,

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org