[meteorite-list] Wolf Creek total mass

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Mar 10 17:27:17 2006

Frank,

I suppose the reasons that you suggested, such as poor communication and
an inconsistency in spelling of the location name among residents at
that time (there were probably only a handful of good spellers in the
area of Lake Okeechobee in 1916 anyway :), are good reasons for me to
let sleeping dogs lie. I checked Google and there are 16,800 entries for
the same incorrect spelling of Okeechobee (almost 5 million for the
correct spelling)... so I guess your explanation explains a lot. Thanks
for taking the time to answer my post.

David