[meteorite-list] Hilly billy vs flat land jokes

From: Dave Freeman mjwy <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 3 18:54:34 2006

Dear List;
I have been recently pondering some areas with steep inclines that erode
faster than the flats below them. I guess the sides of the ridges are at
a 45 degree X 400 foot elevation. I keep going back to the thought that
anything having fallen in the past century or so would have eroded out
of the hill sides (top 1-4 feet) and would be at the bottom of the
washes and exposed on the surface. I go back to the thought that instead
of wandering around on the flats looking at the surface (and obviously
not swinging my detector over miles of country) that my best odds would
be walking the base of the erosional steep embankments to see what has
rolled down off the eroding hill sides.
Is there any method to my madness or should I pack up and move to Kansas?
Best,
Dave F.