[meteorite-list] Retraction of Campo Statement

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 6 23:15:43 2006

Rob and List,

I retract the statement I made about Rob Wesel's selling Campos as something
else. I was informed by what I felt was an accurate source that he sold a
collector a complete Baygorria. Knowing that there is only one meteorite
that can be called Baygorria that was sliced up I assumed the worse. After
getting in touch with this collector again he said he received a slice not a
complete stone. He did however express his concerns that this slice was
indistinguishable from another Silicated Campo slice in his collection. To
make matters worse, he said the slice was purchased from somebody else who
said he was supplied by Rob Wesel. This Baygorria thing has already been
addressed so I will not rehash it other than note that E.T. pulled his
Baygorria off of the market in order regain collector trust because of all
of the controversy surrounding this stone.

I apologize for this error but still stand behind other comments that were
made. I am speaking on my own behalf here and not necessarily expressing
the views of others. There are few on this List that know how to push my
buttons but this will not stop me from vigorously defending what I feel is
right.

Kindest Regards,

Adam